Seeeduino XIAO RP2040 - Supports Arduino, MicroPython and CircuitPython
Figure 1: Size comparison of Xiao RP2040 (left) with Raspberry Pi Pico (right - not supplied).
XIAO RP2040 is a microcontroller using the Raspberry RP2040 chip. It runs at up to 133MHz, is built with rich interfaces in a tiny thumb size, and fully supports Arduino, MicroPython, and CircuitPython. The onboard interfaces are enough for developing multiple applications.
XIAO RP2040 is a development board of the Seeeduino XIAO series. Like the Seeeduino XIAO, it is a compact board with a wide range of interfaces. The XIAO RP2040 is equipped with the Raspberry RP2040 chip (Dual-core ARM® Cortex® M0+ @133MHz). Powerful performance and low power, ideal for various wearable and small projects.
In addition to the powerful CPU, the XIAO RP2040 has 2MB of Flash on board. 11 digital pins, 4 analog pins, 11 PWM Pins,1 I2C interface, 1 UART interface, 1 SPI interface, 1 SWD Bonding pad interface. Some PINs have various functions, Moreover, XIAO RP2040 supports the USB Type-C interface which can supply power and download code. 1 Reset button, 1 BOOT button, 1 user-programmable RGB LED, 1 power LED, 2 status indicators, and 1 user LED are on board, allowing developers to debug their code very easily. The XIAO RP2040 is very compact because all electronic components are soldered on the same board surface, which means you can easily solder the XIAO RP2040 to your own PCB. XIAO RP2040 is pin-compatible with Seeeduino XIAO, so XIAO RP2040 can be learned and developed using the Expansion board of Seeeduino XIAO.
- Powerful MCU: Dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor, flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
- Rich on-chip resources: 264KB of SRAM, and 2MB of onboard Flash memory
- Flexible compatibility: Support Micropython/Arduino/CircuitPython
- Easy project operation: Breadboard-friendly & SMD design, no components on the back
- Small size: As small as a thumb(20x17.5mm) for wearable devices and small projects
- Multiple interfaces: 11 digital pins, 4 analogue pins, 11 PWM Pins,1 I2C interface, 1 UART interface, 1 SPI interface, 1 SWD Bonding pad interface
- Broad compatibility: Pins compatible with Seeeduino XIAO and supports Seeeduino XIAO's Expansion board
XIAO is perfectly compatible with Arduino IDE, you can easily develop some small projects with the help of the large and comprehensive Arduino library. So get one and you will soon love it!
All the I/O pins are 3.3V, please do not input more than 3.3V, otherwise, the CPU may be damaged.
This is the Wiki of the Seeeduino XIAO, you can view the basic settings of running the board.
The XIAO RP2040 fully supports C/C++ and MicroPython because it uses the same chip (RP2040) as the Seeed RP2040 Microcontroller family. You can also use the Thonny editor to program as if you were using Raspberry Pi Pico
- CPU: Dual-core ARM Cortex M0+ processor, flexible clock running up to 133 MHz
- Storage: 264KB of SRAM, and 2MB of on-board Flash memory
- I/O PINs: 11 digital pins, 4 analog pins, 11 PWM Pins
- Interface: 1 I2C interface, 1 UART interface, 1 SPI interface, 1 SWD Bonding pad interface
- Power supply and downloading interface: USB Type-C interface
- LEDs: 1 user LED, 1 power LED, two LEDs for serial port downloading, 1 RGB LED
- button: 1 RESET button, 1 BOOT button
- Power Pads: For the battery power supply
- Software compatibility: Support Micropython/Arduino/CircuitPython
- Projection cover for protecting the circuit
- Wearable devices
- Rapid prototyping (directly attached to the expanded PCB as a minimal system)
- Perfect for all the projects need mini Arduino
- DIY keyboard
- USB development (USB to multi-channel TTL/USB host mode, etc.)
Comparison between Seeeduino XIAO and XIAO RP2040
Dual-core ARM® Cortex® M0+ @133MHz
ARM® Cortex®-M0+ @48MHz
Reset Button/ Boot Button
No Button(reset pad)
Full Color RGB LED
1 x XIAO RP2040 Microcontroller
2 x 7pins header
This is the wiki page for this product, which will show you how to use the product, as well as details about the software and hardware.
Cautions & Warnings:
Development boards do not necessarily have the same ESD protection as those afforded in an enclosed commercial product and are not necessarily EMC compliant either. Please ensure you are familiar with ESD handling precautions when working with development boards.
Please be aware of the type and quality of board you are purchasing. These boards may not be recommended for use in a commercial or industrial setting but are great for use in a developmental or electronics maker/hacking environment. Please note that due to the complexity of issues related to development work, these boards are not provided with any warranty or technical support and no warranty is provided as to the fit-for-purpose for customer applications. However, we will always try and help with customer support enquiries and welcome feedback.