This USB 2.0 to RS485 Serial Converter with FTDI chipset allows any USB equipped PC/Notebook to utilise the 9 Way serial RS485 port for use with serial devices such as EPOS equipment, Terminal Devices, Industrial Equipment & CCTV / Video Systems including software that uses the RS485 Serial Standard or RS-485 Port.
Connect to any standard RS485 serial device via USB!
This FTDI based USB to RS485 Serial Adapter provides an external plug & play RS485 serial connection with your computer via a spare USB port.
Users have the capability to utilise the USB 2.0 to RS485 adapter with RS-485 serial port interfaces in an easy to use environment.
Just simply connect a RS485 compatible serial device to the USB2.0 to RS485 adapter with the supplied DB9 Pin to 4 Pin Header and then plug this into a spare USB port on a PC/Laptop.
- Uses the highly regarded FTDI FT232R IC for superb quality, performance, reliability and compatibility.
- Provides RS485 Serial Interface Port via any spare USB port
- Fully compliant with USB specification 2.0 (Backward compatible to USB 1.1)
- Provides a DB9 Male (9 Way) Serial RS485 port to connect your devices.
- Supports data transfer rates from 300bps to up to 3Mbps
- Supports Remote Wake Up and Power Management Features
- Supports Hot Swapping so you can quickly switch serial devices without shutting down your PC/Laptop
- Features an Enhanced ESD Protection Specification. +/-15KV HBM. +/- 15KV IEC10000-4-2 Air Discharge. +/- 8KV IEC1000-4-2 Contact Dischareg.
- Combined with a 9 Pin to 4 Pin Terminal Block Converter as standard to allow you to make RS485 connections to your devices without purchasing any extra equipment.
- Installed as a standard Windows COM port,
Easy Installation and the FTDI USB to RS485 Adapter
This device comes with a 9WD to 4-pin terminal for easy wiring.
Pin3: +5V (output from USB) - can be used to power your own devices but do not attempt to take more than 400mA from this port.
Supports the following Operating Systems:
USB to RS485 Converter FTDI Cable UK415
- Model No.: 2459
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex VAT: £7.99
- 5 or more £9.12
- 10 or more £8.88
- 20 or more £8.52
- 40 or more £8.39