Silabs CP2112 HID USB to I2C / SMBus Communication Module 2.0 MicroUSBThe CP2112 is a highly integrated USB to I2C / SMBus bridge controller. It integrates a USB 2.0 full-speed function controller, USB transceiver oscillator and eight GPIO pins. All customization and configuration options can be selected through a simple GUI-based configurator. HID class devices do not require the development of complex firmware and drivers. This CP2112 device enables fast USB connectivity with minimal development effort.
CP2112 is ideal for a wide range of applications, including the following:
• USB dongles
• Medical meters
• Handheld controllers
• Point-of-Sale products
• Data loggers
- USB bus power supply: 4.0 to 5.25V
- Self-powered: 3.0 to 3.6V
- I/O voltage: 1.8V to VDD
- Working environment temperature: -40 ° C ~ 85 ° C
- On-chip power-on reset circuit, on-chip voltage regulator: 3.45 V output
- Compliant with USB specification 2.0 standard; full speed (12Mbps)
- USB suspend status via SUSPEND and /SUSPEND pins
- Integrated 194-byte one-time programmable ROM for storing customizable product information
- 512-byte SMBus data buffer, configurable clock speed device address 7-bit value is the slave address of CP2112
- Windows, Mac, and Linux HID to SMBus libraries API for rapid application development, open access interface specifications.
- 8 GPIOs can be configured as input/output and open drain/push-pull, configurable clock output for external devices 48MHz to 94kHz, switching LEDs during read/write SMBus
- Module size: 29.5mm*21.3mm, with two M3 mounting holes, one MicroUSB female port
Supporting Datasheet & Software:
See also Dev Examples Software USBXpress Host SDK
CP2112EK HID USB to SMBus/I²C Bridge Development Kit - Silicon Labs (silabs.com)
1 x CP2112 Micro USB to I2C / SMBus Communication Module
Cautions & Warnings:
Development boards do not necessarily have the same ESD protection as those afforded in an enclosed commercial product and are not necessarily EMC compliant either. Please ensure you are familiar with ESD handling precautions when working with development boards.
Please be aware of the type and quality of board you are purchasing. These boards are not recommended for use in a commercial or industrial setting but are great for use in a developmental or electronics maker/hacking environment. Please note that due to the complexity of issues related to development work, these boards are not provided with any warranty or technical support and no warranty is provided as to the fit-for-purpose for customer applications. However, we will always try and help with customer support enquiries and welcome feedback.
|I/O voltage||3.3V to 5V|
Silabs CP2112 USB to I2C / SMBus Communication Module 2.0 MicroUSB HID
- Model No.: 4248
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex VAT: £11.99
- 5 or more £13.19
- 10 or more £12.95